World Trade Group - RUDE, LYING SALESPEOPLE

A very patronizing JEFF BYRNES called asking for the owner of our company saying he was working on an MES project for inventory management (our specialty) and referred to soandso by someone.I suggested he probably would be speaking with myself or someone else in SALES, not the OWNER but he insisted.

The owner was not answering his line so when I politely informed Jeff of this I asked if he was referred by someone we've worked with in the past and he says very condescendingly "usually that's how it happens", so when I asked the name of who referred him he HUNG UP!!! I called back (416) 214-3400 and asked for him and he acted like he had no clue what I was talking about and I asked again who referred him to our owner and "well we work with lots of companies"- Ok, liars, if you're going to lie the least you could do is learn how to be KIND to people answering the phones because for all you know, I could have been the one making the decision about seminars etc.

(the TRUE reason in your call) We do not have a receptionist, and even if we did, you need to learn how to respect people answering the phone with your unpleasant voice on the other end.You won't have to hang up on them when they catch you off-guard and unprepared to cover up your lies because you won't be lying!

Comments

The call is according to the (unwritten) sales script everyone has to follow (to get a sale).

Mr Byrnes no longer works in WTG because Toronto office has shut down.

After working in several cold-calling high pressure sales job, my motto is never buy anything from solicitors, door to door or on phone.

to Anonymous London, London, United Kingdom #1241523

And then how the *** you want to do business?? Your motto is ***.

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #840462

Mr Byrnes no longer works with World Trade Group.His employment was terminated.

I've done business with World Trade Group.My experience has been positive

to annonymous Toronto, Ontario, Canada #966995

WTG followed a very aggressive cold call script and their sales team was encouraged by management to use deceitful tactics to gain a sale.That includes blatantly lying.

Conversations like this one happened DAILY on their sales floor. Employees would laugh about it.

Mr Byrnes quit during one of the many changes in senior management, as did many employees during that last year. WTG closed their doors (without notice to employees) a few months after that mass exodus. Nobody was surprised.

Actually it would have closed around the time annonymous posted on July 14 2014.They are probably an old employee of WTG not a customer with a positive experience.

same type of reaction with matt maguire :x

Lone Tree, Colorado, United States #664199

Same thing happened here, he asks for someone who no longer works here and when you tell Jeff Burns this he hangs up.. has happened numerous times. ***

View more comments

World trade group

Toronto, Ontario 1 comment

I got a call from a representative to attend an event.I had hesitation as I had never heard of the World Trade Group or event but the agenda was interesting and the price was fantastic so I nervously agreed.

2 weeks prior to the event I learned I would no longer be able to attend - something pressing came up. I contacted the World Trade and learned (for the first time!) that if I didn't attend, or find someone that could replace me we would incur nearly 2k in cancellation fees. Crazy, considering I only paid $250 to attend in the first place.

Also, they were very rude and threatening.Has this happening to anyone else?

Comments

This was a normal tactic for WTG

World Trade Group misled our Company

Marinette, Wisconsin 2 comments

World Trade Group called us and talked to us about attending a trade show with them. In the discussions the saleman promised a number of things like setting up meetings with C Level personel from attending companies and guaranteeing us a certain number of meetings with companies that were looking to buy right then and there.

Naturally it sounded really good so we were interested so i asked them to get in contact with our Marketing group to see about getting signed up. They gave the same spill to the marketing group and then had them go throgh an on line registration process which did not allow them to send us the fine print details so that we could go over them.

Afterwards they quickly sent out an invoice which to start off with was $750 higher than what they had discussed with me. At any rate after reviewing the fine print it became clear that all of the things they promised they really did not have to deliver. After going over the details further we decided this just was not what they had priginally made it out to be so we told them we would not be doing this after all. (This all occurred within about 10 days) and the show is not even until the fall sometime.

They immediately started saying you are required to attend you cannot get ouit and you need to pay the bill immediately. When we pointed out that the fine print said they did not have to do any of the things they promised they said well "that's standard" But wait a minute that is what you SOLD us and now you are saying you might deliver but you don't have to. Certainly not a company i want to do business with.

The company has been nothing but rude and continues to call and harrass us. They are a very illegitimate company. I would recommend that if they call you - you should hang up immdeiately.

Review about: Trade Show.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #870444

I am certain that the entire agreement is available during the time of registration. You simply did not read the terms and are trying to say that they weren't made available.

#619409

Had the exact same experience. This company is a scam.